In this unit, the students created a planet, then wrote about their planet in detail. In addition, the students chose one of six options from a choice board to research different aspects of space and space exploration.
* I learned that Mars was named after the Roman god of war. - Evan, West Side
* I learned that Pluto is 400 degrees below zero. I'm glad I don't have to live on Pluto! - Connor, West Side
* You weigh 60% less on Mars than on Earth. - Kobe, Joe Wright
* I learned that the coldest planet is Uranus. - Stefano, Fred Douglas
* I wonder what would happen if the earth stopped spinning. - Bella - Joe Wright
* Here is an interesting fact, Mars has frozen water! - Zaiden, West Side
* Have you heard of the planet called Super-Earth? It is a planet that is much larger than Earth. - Abdiel, Joe Wright
* I learned about a cold desert on Mars - that's interesting! - Brooklyn, Joe Wright
* I learned that Earth will only last for another 1.5 billion years! - Citlali, Fred Douglas
* I learned that Saturn's rings are over 160 million years old. - Lucas, Joe Wright
Leave a Reply.