Our 6th grade GT students made papyrus like the Ancient Egyptians did! The papyrus plant is harder to come by these days, but they were able to get an idea of the process they used with paper from a brown paper bag and some glue. They then decorated their papyrus by painting hieroglyphics on them.
* Making papyrus was cool! - Gavynn
* Learning how to make papyrus was interesting and I really enjoyed painting in hieroglyphics on my papyrus! - Layne
* I've enjoyed learning how to make papyrus, especially the decorating part. - Nadia
* The hieroglyphics are difficult to write but the process was neat and fun. - Heber
* The process of making papyrus and writing in hieroglyphics was exciting and fun! - Courtlynn
* I've enjoyed learning about the Egyptian way of writing and paper making. - Emory
* Reading and writing the hieroglyphics was challenging, interesting, and fun! - Raegen
* I learned that papyrus was made from the pith of the papyrus plant. - Gavynn
Leave a Reply.