Help Save FRED!
For this collaborative activity, student partners work to save a hapless gummy worm named Fred who has managed to capsize his boat (a cup) and lose his life preserver (a peach ring). Working together, students must rescue Fred, and put on his life preserver using the materials provided and without using their fingers. This activity helps helps students develop teamwork, problem solving, communication, and fine motor skills.
* The most difficult part was putting Fred's life jacket on. - Harper, West Side
* I thought saving Fred was fun! - Stefano, Fred Douglas
* I was happy I had a partner to help me because I couldn't have done it be myself. - Brooklyn, Joe Wright.
* The most difficult part for us was getting the boat (cup) off the floor. - Evan, West Side
* I learned that you have to work as a team to save Fred. - Bella, Joe Wright
* My favorite part was getting to eat Fred after we saved him! - Aiden, Fred Douglas
Leave a Reply.